Aston Microphones Origin Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone
The Aston Microphones Origin is a unique-looking, high-performance large-diaphragm condenser mic with a 1-inch gold-evaporated capsule. The Origin's cardioid polar pattern, 10dB pad, and 80Hz highpass filter make this mic an all-around studio and stage workhorse. It delivers a lovely, open sound with shimmering harmonic to be accurate and versatile, excelling in most applications — especially on vocals and acoustic guitars. The build quality is outstanding: Aston has hand-selected the capsule and paired it with high-end transformerless, balanced circuitry employing top-drawer components. The Origin delivers a true and transparent-sounding rendition of the source, capturing treble detail without a trace of harshness. If you're after quality on a budget, Aston Microphones' Origin is highly recommended.
Aston Microphones Origin Features:
- Large-diaphragm pressure-gradient condenser microphone with cardioid polar pattern
- 1-inch gold-evaporated capsule; protective wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Innovative blend of discrete and integrated circuitry
- Optimized circuit stage scheme from phantom power input circuit to capsule voltage bias
- Unique nonlinear voltage/current source rectification
- Shock-resistant, wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique, individually tumbled chassis finish
- Custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and interchangeable mic stand thread adapter
- Onboard 10dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter
- 48V phantom power required for operation
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size:1" gold evaporated
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Max SPL:127dB SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio:76dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter:80Hz
- Power Source:48V phantom power
- Dimensions:4.9" x 2.1"
- Weight:0.99 lbs.