Boss Dual Cube LX 2 x 5-inch 10-watt Portable Bass Combo Amp
For over four decades, CUBE amplifiers have brought exceptional value to musicians everywhere, offering great sound and versatile features in portable, go-everywhere designs. The DUAL CUBE BASS LX is the most advanced compact CUBE bass amp yet, filled with evolved BOSS technologies for the ultimate home practice experience. This thunder box punches well above its size, delivering rich, full sound and a host of fun rhythm patterns to groove with. A generous array of connectivity options are also included, extending its range to performing, recording, and many other applications.
With its custom stereo speaker system and advanced cabinet design, the DUAL CUBE BASS LX delivers big, refined tones that you won’t believe are coming from such a small amp. Five different preamp types are available, offering uncoloured sounds for studio and slap playing, vintage sounds for classic styles, and aggressive modern tones for heavy genres. With natural feel and organic response honed with decades of BOSS amp development, you have an endlessly inspiring platform to hone skills and explore new techniques.
The DUAL CUBE BASS LX features a variety of bass-tuned effects, including many with expansive stereo sound. Shape your core tone with compression or drive, add colour with touch wah, flanger, or chorus, and bring in spatial depth with delay or reverb. Each amp type includes three user memories, allowing you to store gain, EQ, and effect setups for quick recall. The DUAL CUBE BASS LX Editor lets you dive even deeper, providing access to effect variations and detailed parameter tweaks from your Mac or Windows computer.
Make your practice sessions more fun and productive with the powerful onboard Rhythm Guide. There are nine rhythm types with three pattern variations each, spanning from a basic metronome to realistic drum grooves in rock, jazz, metal, Latin, and other styles. Using the DUAL CUBE BASS LX Editor, you can explore a total of 91 rhythm variations and save your favourites in the amp. With the high-performance stereo speakers, rhythms and backing music are presented in full-range detail for a rich, immersive experience.
Thanks to its ultra-flexible connectivity, the DUAL CUBE BASS LX goes far beyond the capabilities of other compact amps. Use the stereo XLR line output to directly connect to a PA system and perform on stage. Or capture mix-ready sounds in music software on a computer or mobile device via USB or i-CUBE-Link. If you like to livestream, you can capture your voice with a headphones mic and send it to the USB and i-CUBE Link outputs along with your bass sound. And with the ability to use AC or battery power, you can play absolutely anywhere.
With optional FS-series footswitches, you can operate the Rhythm Guide hands free and unlock access to the onboard looper to create layered performances. And by connecting the optional Bluetooth® Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor, you can go even further with a smartphone or tablet. Wirelessly stream music from your device and jam along, or use the iOS/Android version of the DUAL CUBE BASS LX Editor to tweak functions remotely. Or pair the EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal for cable-free operation of wah and volume.
- Compact and portable battery powered (AC adapter included) design that allows you to practice and perform anywhere
- 10-watts through 2 x 5-inch speakers pushes out more than enough volume for street performances, impromptu jam sessions, and home practice
- 5 flexible preamp settings that run the tonal gamut, from ultra-flat settings for slappers and studio players to modern, aggressive grit
- 7 effects with deep editing capabilities courtesy of the Dual Cube Bass LX app
- Stereo input mode for wide, punchy sounds and true compatibility with stereo modelers/pedals
- Rhythm guide provides nine rhythm types with three patterns each — up to 91 variations are available via the Dual Cube Bass LX Editor
- 3-band EQ to sculpt your tone
- 15 amp and effect settings can be stored as memory presets
- Stereo XLR line out makes it a breeze to plug into a PA for easy live performance
- USB audio functionality for effortless direct recording and livestreaming
- Control jack allows for up to 2 outboard footswitches
- Onboard looper accessible via an external footswitch
- Playback audio from your device using the i-CUBE link/aux in
- Optional Bluetooth via the MIDI Dual Adapter
- Type:Solid State
- Number of Channels:Single
- Total Power:10W
- Speakers:2 x 5" Custom Design
- Effects:Chorus, Flanger, Wah, Delay, Reverb, Looper
- EQ:3-band EQ
- Amp Modeling:5 x Preamp Voicings
- Inputs:1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (i-CUBE Link/aux in)
- Outputs:2 x XLR
- Headphones:1 x 1/8" (headphones/rec out)
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (rhythm guide/looper)
- Footswitch Included:No
- USB:1 x Type B
- Features:9 x Rhythm Playback Types, Optional BT-Dual Bluetooth port adapter (sold separately)
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (included), 8 x AA batteries
- Weight:9.75 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:DCB-LX