Electro Harmonix 2.5 Watt Power Amp, 9DC-500 PSU Included
For decades, low-wattage amps have been the secret weapon in many recording engineers’ arsenals for achieving rich and creamy clean tones and focused drive and saturation. And now, EHX has packaged the low-wattage format into the pocket-sized 5MM, a 2.5-watt power amp that can connect directly to any 8- or 16-ohm speaker. Deceptively simple, the 5MM is equipped with just two controls — volume knob and brightness switch — that can alter your signal dramatically, from a touch of grit to full-on crunch bright enough to rip through any mix. This tiny, tone monster performs admirably outside of the studio, too, especially in small venue settings where you want to crank the distortion without blowing out the audience’s ears. And guitarists are extremely impressed by how well the 5MM takes effects, offering nearly limitless tone-shaping possibilities from a shockingly affordable and portable device.
- Affordable, pocket-sized power amp awesome for studio and live applications
- At 2.5 watts, the 5MM lets you dial up heaps of distortion at relatively low volumes
- Connects to any 8- or 16-ohm speaker via speaker cable
- Simple, 2-control design, featuring volume knob and a bright switch for added presence
- Includes a 9-volt DC/500mA power supply