Universal Audio Ruby '63 Top Boost Amplifier Pedal
British-style Tube Tones
Ruby ’63 comes loaded with three different channels for a wealth of sonic possibilites. Plus, depending on which channel you’re using, the boost control offers unique way to add some character to your tone!
Normal: Looking for a chimey clean tone? This setting features a high amount of headroom and simplified tone controls. As a nod to the original model, this setting’s only EQ shaping control is the Cut knob — both the Bass and Treble knobs are completely disabled. Turning the boost knob activates a germanium-style treble booster.
Brilliant: The perfect mode for guitarists chasing a ‘60s-style British tube crunch. This setting has the lowest amount of headroom and incorporates an extra tube for boosted treble and gain. In this mode, the boost injects a tape delay-inspired style of preamp gain into your signal.
Vibrato: This setting is similar to the Brilliant channel, but with the addition of a deep, choppy vibrato setting. To keep things smooth and clear, this setting’s boost control adds clean gain.
Switch up your Speakers
Part of the Ruby ’63’s magic is found in the dead-on speaker/cab emulations, bolstered by Universal Audio’s Dynamic Room Modeling technology. The Ruby ’63 comes loaded with three cab/mic/speaker settings, seamlessly matched to the three different amplifier modes. Guitarists looking to cover a wide sonic range will love experimenting with the different speaker and amp pairings, plus, when registering the Ruby ’63 with Universal Audio, you get three more free cab sims to play with!
4-Cable mode offers Powerful Channel Switching
Each pedal in Universal Audio’s UAFX series features a special “4-cable” mode accessible via the UAFX Control app, allowing you to bypass your amp’s preamp when the pedal is engaged for incredibly realistic tube-style tones. By hooking your pedal up to both your effects loop send/return and the front of amp input, you can instantly switch between your amp’s stock tone and your UAFX pedal routed straight into the power amp, effectively adding two extra channels to your amplifier. What’s more, Universal Audio designed this feature with multiple pedal setups in mind you can connect any number of UAFX pedals in this configuration for multi-channel madness!
UAFX Control App
Looking for greater control over your tone? The Ruby ’63 is Bluetooth compatible to pair with Universal Audio’s powerful UAFX app. In addition to giving you greatly enhanced editing options, UAFX also includes access to artist tones, custom presets, and more!
- Authentic end-to-end replication of one of the most iconic 2 x 12-inch British combo amplifiers of the ’60s
- 3 separate channels including Brilliant, Normal, and Vibrato to run the tonal gamut
- Deep, harmonic vibrato available on the Vibrato channel
- Room knob adds some air and ambiance to your signal
- Boost control for easy breakup, with unique functions on each amp channel
- 3 separate speaker/cab/mic options for a wide range of different tonal flavors
- 3 bonus cabs are provided when registering the Ruby ’63
- 4-cable mode bypasses your amplifier's preamp when the pedal is engaged, giving you 2 more channels to play with
- USB-C port for firmware updates
- Bluetooth-compatible for access to Universal Audio’s UAFX app
- Save and access presets using the right footswitch